2017 Total Solar Eclipse
Notes and Instructions on the 2017 Eclipse Map
- After the program boots up, use your zoom function to zoom into the eclipse path.
- Note that there is a blue line in the middle of the shaded area. The blue line is the center-line of longest totality. As you move North or South of the blue line, the totality is shorter.
- The pink colored lines that border the shaded area is where totality ends and you will see a partial eclipse.
- As you move your cursor, in the upper left hand corner, you will see exact terrestrial GPS coordinates.
- Left-click on any location, and you will have complete information about the eclipse at that exact spot including start and stop times of totality.
- Click on the blue Help link in the upper right hand corner of any pop-up for more information about all the great things this program can do for you.
return to the map